Been caught up with a new job (more on that later) and haven’t had time to get much TV watching in – I know, even my favorite TV show! I might be a little bias, because really it is the only TV show I watch at this time, but anyway…wow lots to be said about “Into the Deep!”
Hook pretends to betray Cora and let the captured princess Aurora go, while meanwhile, Snow and company must figure out a way to defeat Regina’s mother, to prevent her from following them to Storybrooke, (something that both Mr. Gold and Regina fear.) Snow gets put into a deep sleep to go meet Henry in this Never World; although it isn’t Henry that meets her there, but Charming.
It just goes to show what these two will do for love. “I had to see you,” he tells her and “I will always find you.” Awww! (The sap in me teared up quite a bit during their scene in the fiery room. No matter where or when or under what circumstances, these two have a love that lasts! This is the true love that all us fairytale lovers dream about! He tells her that to defeat Cora, they must find the magic ink that was used to stun Rumpelstiltskin, which he conveniently left a bottle of in his jail cell.
While Charming is murmuring “I will always find you,” to a distraught Snow, we learn later on that Hook has taken Aurora’s heart to be used and manipulated by Cora. Just when we are just starting to like the handsome captain…hmm, well, we knew he wasn’t perfect.
Some observations in this episode:
- Belle and Rumple in the diner finally getting that hamburger. He tells her “Condiments are this world’s most powerful magic.” (Hehehe).
- We love to see Regina, Gold and Charming working together. (I don’t know if I would have trusted the evil duo to put me under a sleeping curse! Such a brave Charming!)
- Regina’s balance between good and evil. Here’s an evil character where we actually like to see trying to better herself. She is by far the best character ever written for television. (In my opinion at least!)
- The Never World is as creepy as can be…especially the room that charming is first in…
- The “bed time story” that Gold tells a sleepy Henry. In the deepest bottomless ocean, there is a rare squid, only found except by a mermaid – *gasp* could it be our very own little mermaid?
- No flash back scenes in this episode, and I have to say that is the first since the season began…it would have been a nice to include some Aurora flashbacks, but perhaps there just wasn’t time. Hmm.
Will post my review on the latest episode in a few days or so! I see that it is entitled “Queen of Hearts.” So excited! Were my earlier predictions correct? Hmm…we shall see!
What did you think of this episode? Thoughts below!