Here’s my review of the finale, I forgot to post it last week, oy. It makes me sad that Mike and I won’t have Game of Thrones to watch together on Sundays now! Suffice to say, the Season Seven finale was a whirlwind of emotions. A lot happened or was otherwise confirmed, but it was a bit like going through a checklist; we more or less expected it to happen…but there were a few surprises, too.
If you haven’t watched the finale to Season 7 Game of Thrones, beware, spoilers ahead!
First, a quick recap:
Cersei and Dany’s entourages meet at the dragonpit and there were a few reunions worth mentioning: Brienne and the Hound, The Hound and his brother, Bronn and Tyrion, and Tyrion and Pod.
The Hound releases the wight and everyone seems to be quite terrified, except for Qyburn who is more intrigued than anything else. Cersei agrees to help Jon in the North, if he does not align himself with anyone else.
Jon’s honor puts him in a tough place, though, and he tells Cersei that he’s already pledged himself to Dany. Cersei, naturally, storms off and the tentative parlay they all have breaks to a million pieces. Tyrion meets with Cersei, and somehow convinces her to join the cause; he also finds out she is pregnant.
Euron Greyjoy sees the dead man and leaves to go back to the Iron Islands. Cersei says she will help Dany and Jon in the North, but she plans to double cross them. She tells Jaime about her plans with Euron to bring the Golden Company from Essos. Jaime believes they should keep their word, she threatens to kill him, and he leaves her once and for all.
The Starks team together to get rid of Little Finger, Dany and Jon have hot boat sex, and Bran confirms that Jon is not a bastard, he is the heir to the Iron Throne. Sam shows up at Winterfell to help confirm that Jon’s parents were indeed married in a secret ceremony in Dorne.
The dead march on Eastwatch and the Night King uses dead Viserion to bring down the wall. Arya and Sansa talk about how the lone wolf dies but the pack survives, and the dead march south towards the living.
Some things worth noting:
- Dany is pretty much the queen of entrances. She arrives to the meeting at the Dragonpit on Drogon and Cersei’s expression is just priceless.
- The interaction between Brienne and the Hound about Arya is sweet.
- Ew, did they recycle Viserys old wig? I thought Rhaegar Targaryen was supposed to be hott?
- Do you think that was Kit Harington’s real butt in the Jon/Dany sex scene?
- We know Jon’s real name: it’s Aegon Targaryen!
- Little Finger actually cries and begs for his life. Don’t mess with the Starks, yo. And finally Bran told them everything! About damn time, don’t you think? This was a great scene and excellent writing and acting from everyone.
- Was that blue fire from undead Viserion? Or ice? Blue ice? The wall coming down was pretty epic, but the whole time I was screaming: run, Tormund, run!
- I was feeling about twelve emotions watching the Jon and Dany love scene. This is incest…but it’s hott. Wait, they are related…but it’s kind of sweet, and hott. Curiosity…confusion…and ew factor…but they are both beautiful people…
What did you guys think? Ready to wait forever for season eight?!