Well, as emphasized in a recent blog post, you all know my love for Joss Whedon. I believe he is an amazing writer, a talented director, and just a great example of a person who loves great entertainment and wants to share that love with others.
During the writer’s strike in 2008, Joss Whedon, with the help of his brothers, Zach Whedon and Jed Whedon as well as actress and writer, Maurissa Tancharoen, created a musical web series: Dr. Horrible’s Sing Along Blog.
The short film is about Dr. Horrible, or “Billy” (Niel Patrick Harris) who longs for the love of a young woman named Penny (Felicia Day). In the midst of an evil plot to do wrong in order to be considered for the Evil League of Evil, he final meets her, Penny, the love of his life. But like all of his plots to do wrong, he is immediately pushed aside by Captain Hammer (Nathan Fillion), his arch nemesis.
So, WHY should you be tuning in to see Dr. Horrible’s Sing Along Blog on the CW at 9pm tonight?
- Joss Whedon! Joss Whedon! Joss Whedon! – If you like great writing, you’ll pretty much love anything he’s involved in. ‘Nuff said.
- Great cast – Nathan Fillion (Castle), Niel Patrick Harris (How I Met Your Mother), and Felicia Day (The Guild).
- Nathan Fillion – Just ’cause I love him so much!
- Great music – You’ll be surprised how talented the Whedon family is as emphasized by the creation of this film.
- Catchy songs – You’ll want to sing along with it. Durrh!
- Great Story – It’s cleverly written, funny and oh-so-very entertaining.
- It’s award winning – It’s won 7 awards already!
- Great Characters – Never thought you’d feel sympathetic towards the bad guy? Ohh, think again!
- Niel Patrick Harris – Great singer, great actor, great looking, great everything!
- It’s Intelligent – Like everything Whedon is involved in, it’ll make you think and surprise you!
Okay, now I’ve given you my reasons time to find your own! Be sure to tune in tonight at 9pm on the CW!
Here’s a look at the first act right here, the rest is, of course, available on youtube:
And if you’ve already watched it, leave a comment and let me know what you think! I’d love to hear from you! 🙂