***Spoiler Alert! If you have not watched ABC’s Once Upon a Time season two premiere, I would go do so now before reading this! And you really should, because it was AWESOME!***
Well, what to say first? My head is still spinning with all that we just saw in Once Upon a Time‘s season two premiere, “Broken.”
The show started off with a mysterious scene in everyday life, a man in the city, who receives news that the curse in Storybrooke, Maine is broken. Who sent the news? Someone from the town? My impressions? (I think It’s got to be Rumpelstiltskin’s son!)
What follows is a scene that is reminiscent to the series premiere, we are panning across a vast, green land and this time there are two horses, leading us to a castle, to the start of our story…to our destiny…
I get the feeling that the series’ creators/writers worked very hard to give this show a fresh, new beginning. They wanted to start off this season with the right characters, the right excitement and present us with a new story (because the first season’s story had ended) and they certainly delivered!
My brain is still swimming with all the questions that we have here, so I’ll do what I do best: ask questions of my own.
What caught my attention the most?
- Dr. Whale. (How awesome was Snow mentioning her one night stand, hehe!) Who exactly is he? Is he his own prince??
- Mulan!! I had heard that they were going to bring some new characters in. I must say, I love the casting and the portrayal of this character. Well done!
- The man at the beginning of the show. Who is he? Is he Mr. Gold’s son?
- I never thought I’d feel bad for Regina, until she gets that mark on her hand. And then about two scenes later, I’m hating her all over again because she’s got our Prince Charming pinned against a wall and she let Emma and Snow get sucked into the portal.
What I loved about tonight’s episode?
- Well, Mulan, durh! Her costume. her hairstyle – yeah, everything!
- The idea of seeing Emma in a fairy-tale world. We’ve got fairy-tale creatures in the modern world, what happens when it’s the other way around?
- The soul stealer thing! Um, okay…he was creepy and believable. I was worried about how the magic would look in the real world, that it might be too corny. I worried in vain! It looks pretty cool if you ask me.
- Henry calling Prince Charming “Grandpa.” They were a family again…even if it was just for a moment.
- Belle and Rumple’s almost relationship. Oh, she is a strong girl…
- The fact that we’ve got a new story line to look forward this season!
And so far, it appears to be a strong one, too! Emma, Snow, Mulan and Sleeping Beauty in the fairytale world. Regina’s got her powers back. There’s the soul-sucking monster. There’s Jefferson. There’s Charming and Henry together. There’s a promise that Regina may or may not keep to her son, Henry. Will she be able to keep her powers in check? Oh, magic does come at a price indeed…
Plus, there’s new characters to look forward to! Lancelot. Captain Hook. Oh, I must say, I love this show, and tonight’s episode only just made me fall in love more. Sure, we’ve got cliché, but it’s good cliché and great characters. One things for certain, this show isn’t called “Happily Ever After” for a reason.